Emerging startup ecosystem
Frankfurt’s startup ecosystem is doing very well, according to the latest Global Startup Ecosystem Report (GSER), produced by Startup Genome. Startup Gnome identified Frankfurt as an emerging startup ecosystem with promising assets and performance, especially with regards to Talent, Startup Experience, and Corporate Involvement. Fueled with an educated workforce that is increasingly turning to the startup scene as a career choice.
- Ranked 21st in the world when it comes to early-stage funding per startup;
- Ranked 7th globally regarding sense of community;
- Frankfurt has the highest concentration (tied with another ecosystem) of startups in a given sub-sector (Fintech) globally across the nearly 100 ecosystems studied. In addition, more than 50% of local VC investment went into its Fintech startups between 2012 and 2017.
- Three most important sub-sectors: FinTech; AI, Big Data and Analytics; Cybersecurity.
- Frankfurt ranked in the global top 5 when it comes to global connections happening locally, which means founders from other top-performing ecosystems come to Frankfurt to network with its founders.
Startup community insights
- Business Angels Frankfurt Rhein-Main
- Enterprise Europe Network
- EY Start-up-Initiative
- Forum Kiedrich
- High-Tech Gründerfonds
- IHK Frankfurt am Main – Existenzgründungsberatung
- Jumpp – Ihr Sprung in die Selbständigkeit
- RKW Hessen
- RKW Kompetenzzentrum Innovation und Gründung
- Wirtschaftsförderung Fachbereich Existenzgründung
- Wirtschaftsförderung Kompetenzzentrum Kreativwirtschaft